Our vets are Official Veterinarians which means that they have undertaken further qualifications to allow them to oversee travel from the U.K. to other countries by issuing animal health certificates and dealing with the complex documentation involved in export certification. We recommend that you check the regulations of the country you’re travelling to prior to arranging your travel plans and contact us with your requirements as early as possible.

Travel to the European Union or Northern Ireland

Your pet will need:

  • a microchip
  • a valid rabies vaccination
  • an animal health certificate, or a valid pet passport that’s accepted in the country you’re travelling to
  • tapeworm treatment for dogs if you’re travelling directly to Finland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway or Malta

These requirements also apply to assistance dogs.

You cannot use a pet passport issued in Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland). You can only use a pet passport if the country you’re travelling to accepts passports for pets coming from Great Britain and was issued in one of the approved places. Check here for the latest requirements .

Travel Outside the European Union

Travel outside the E.U. may require a document called an export certificate. Each country has very specific requirements for the entry of animals.

Check GOV.UK for more information.

Please note, pet travel services are only available to our registered clients

Talk to the Albany Vets team